Mom and I on our Alaskan cruise

About this Poetry Blog

Site Merge

Good evening, or morning, or afternoon, depending on when you've stumbled across this page. Today is January 23, 2023, and I have slowly...

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Perspective

This is the first piece in a series of poems inspired by photos taken on various travels with my mother. I’ve considered writing a travelogue of our adventures, but my memories and emotions don’t form in daring stories; they manifest in poetry. My goal is to write at least one poem a day until I have enough for a book dedicated to my biggest fan.


To me, you’re colossal,

As I approach from below, 

reaching higher than I can dream.

Your stony visage exudes

Safety, strength, and power,

Yet, you’re not unshakeable.

If I rode on your shoulder,

Would I see the world through your eyes,

Or would the height blind my senses?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fan Favorites